Vernonia Lake Bass Fishing

Admin said:
Don't you use a snap swivel? It allows you to change a lure in seconds.
I've never heard of anyone using a swivel wacky fishing. Tying knots is quick and easy.
Admin said:
I see. So if you cast unweighted wacky senko your fishing distance is quite limited I guess. How far can you cast it?
An unweighted 5" senko weighs 3/8 oz. You can chuck them a good distance on the right gear.

TerribleFisherman12 said:
I feel you on that. Unfortunately my rod only casts 3/8 to 1 1/4 so I’m pretty limited. I was able to cast 5/16 decent just had to be sure the rod was actually loaded when casting. Do you think I could just get a smaller rod? It’s a lews mach crush combo 1st gen
That rod should cover the majority of bass fishing in Oregon. If the pond you are fishing is super weedy, pick up a frog or two. A really fun way to fish and a great way to deal with thick aquatic vegetation.

With the senko, if the weeds are thick enough to make wacky rigging difficult, try texas rigging. Tons of YouTube info on the technique.

Last edited:
Snopro said:
Tying knots is quick and easy.
Yeah, I know. )
Snopro said:
An unweighted 5" senko weighs 3/8 oz. You can chuck them a good distance on the right gear.
True. But its profile closer to a paper sheet than to a bullet.

Admin said:
But its profile closer to a paper sheet than to a bullet.
Because it's an elongated cylinder I'd say it's closer to a bullet than a paper sheet. They fly with very little air resistance, equaling distance. Have you fished them much?

9mm, 5" senko, sheet of paper
20240918_103451.jpg

Reactions: bass and Admin
Snopro said:
Have you fished them much?
Just few times.
I mostly use these guys.

1758947.jpg
2" - 4". Mostly always weighted (kind of Texas rig). But I hunt for pike. We don't have bass here in Ukraine. )

10781-87bb289df7486949b0cda63cf802f196.jpg

Reactions: bass and Snopro
New PB at vernonia lake this evening. Caught on a wacky rigged senko. I want to use other stuff but the wacky senko just produces so well I’m scared to change haha.
Admin said:
Just few times.
I mostly use these guys.

View attachment 640836
2" - 4". Mostly always weighted (kind of Texas rig). But I hunt for pike. We don't have bass here in Ukraine. )

View attachment 640835
May I ask what the admin of a US state fishing forum is doing in Ukraine? At first I was like WHAT! Pike in oregon!!!

May I ask what the admin of a US state fishing forum is doing in Ukraine?
I'm Ukrainian. Used to live in Corvallis many moons ago.

Admin said:
I'm sorry about what's happening in your country. It's amazing the amount of resistance your people have created against a much larger aggressor.

Snopro said:
I'm sorry about what's happening in your country. It's amazing the amount of resistance your people have created against a much larger aggressor.
Thanks.

But let's move back to bass fishing in Vernonia lake. ;)

Reactions: Snopro
Admin said:
That is awesome. Glory to Ukraine🇺🇦

Reactions: Admin
Back
Top Bottom