cheap camping food

Throbbit _Shane said:
Camping is a great time to eat your catch!

I remember you ate some wild smoked fish i caught one time... :D

that was wild? thats not fair i didn't know!!!! i dont have a problem with people eating their catch, but its just not my thing to eat a wild fish,especially one i caught. ill eat stocked trout or hatchery salmon/steel all day though

Did anyone mention top ramen? About as cheap as you can get,and you can eat it without cooking in a pinch. The powdered instant potatoes are cheap and easy to prepare as well. If I am packing in,I usually just do granola bars for breakfast. Tortillas instead of bread, and a can of tunafish, snag some of the little single serving mayo packets from the store and you have a light,cheap and easily prepared lunch on the trail.

steelhead1 said:
Did anyone mention top ramen? About as cheap as you can get,and you can eat it without cooking in a pinch. The powdered instant potatoes are cheap and easy to prepare as well. If I am packing in,I usually just do granola bars for breakfast. Tortillas instead of bread, and a can of tunafish, snag some of the little single serving mayo packets from the store and you have a light,cheap and easily prepared lunch on the trail.

Top ramen is great when camping. You just need some water. Then some hot sauce when its done cooking :D

Cans of chili with hot dogs sliced in, diced onions and cheese on top Poured over a hot dog bun.

You can make pigs in a blanket by wrapping croissant dough around a hot dog and roasting it over a fire on a stick.

I like to slice chicken breast and potatoes in a Dutch oven with barbecue sauce on it and cook it in the Dutch oven. You can do the same thing with pork ribs.

Tin foil dinners are really easy. Ground beef patty onions carrots potatoes with cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup wrapped in tinfoil thrown on the Coals. I suggest pre-cooking the carrots and potatoes in the microwave before you go so you don't over cook the meat.