Why...

J
JeannaJigs
do people target smolt? Or wait...no...parr. I don't want to get ripped a new one for being incorrect. Parr. why do people target parr? Are you that hard up to feel something on the end of your line? Because if that's the case....There's stocker ponds all over the state full of hotdog sized trout.

Just wondering.

End inquisition.

JeannaJigs said:
do people target smolt? Or wait...no...parr. I don't want to get ripped a new one for being incorrect. Parr. why do people target parr? Are you that hard up to feel something on the end of your line? Because if that's the case....There's stocker ponds all over the state full of hotdog sized trout.
And why would anyone target something that is so hard to eat. Too many small bones and they taste terrible.;)

That's a good question. They're a pain in the butt to me. If me and Dave float the river tomorrow I know we'll catch a bunch of them and I don't want to catch any of em. As to why people target them. Probably because of ignorance or stupidity.

TT, catch them, keep them, use them as swimbaits later... DO IT

Reactions: JeannaJigs
OnTheFly said:
And why would anyone target something that is so hard to eat. Too many small bones and they taste terrible.;)

Might as well be a carp ;)

They are a pain. Caught one a couple weeks ago when I was fishing for squawfish in the Willamette (yeah I do that, hate me if you want, but i like it). I don't want to catch smolts at all because there is ALWAYS a chance of fish mortality when you C&R.

Oh i'm all for the glorious murder of those squawfish bastitches! Kill as many as you can get your hands on. Wish more people would target them

...because you get a lot more size 12 hooks for the same price as 1/0 hooks. just sayin'...

Now you know why they keep it closed till late april lol, will slack off in a month there are millions of em and they hit anything, can't fish trout right now without gettin into a bunch.

Finneus Polebender said:
Now you know why they keep it closed till late april lol, will slack off in a month there are millions of em and they hit anything, can't fish trout right now without gettin into a bunch.

Yeah it sure is a pain!! If i find holes that hold smolt... i move and look for holes that hold (trout). There is so much water that smolts won't hold in but the cutties and bows will... but they are also so hard to dodge cuz they eat anything!!

tomriker said:
TT, catch them, keep them, use them as swimbaits later... DO IT

Sounds good to me. lol

Smolt? Parr? Whats that? I think you must be talking about trout!:lol:

RunWithSasquatch said:
Smolt? Parr? Whats that? I think you must be talking about trout!:lol:

No, Dummy, their talking about Lumber!

Where are they fishing and catching parr? I thought all those waters were still closed until the end of the month.......

GDBrown said:
Where are they fishing and catching parr? I thought all those waters were still closed until the end of the month.......

Willamette, for example. And I'm sure plenty of other rivers as well.

they are everywhere in the willamette and mckenzie, and people are just ra-tards, and ra-tards are also everywhere.