whiskers on a fish? wacky rigged grub design of course

Senkosam
Senkosam
Active member
I had some spike-tail grubs hanging around and thought, 'what if I joined two together and wacky rigged them with the points sticking out'?
As soon as I wacky-rigged it I knew fish would go beserk clobbering it after watching those twitching legs.

1711216151898.png

Sho enough I wasn't disappointed and joined together other spike tail grubs:
1711216670418.png
1711216495752.png
1711216602904.png
1711216631562.png

1711216706153.png

1711216890867.png
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: troutdude and plumbertom
Looks like some sort of mutant worm from Mars, but if you are catching fish, can't complain!
 
They work especially when fish are less active and the presentation has to be ultra slow.
 
Talk about whiskers! There is a new lure out called Dice that I've found pretty expensive for a chunk of plastic with a silicone skirt

dice.JPG

It gave me an idea using a fine wire loop to pull silicone through small soft plastic shapes such as these:
hairy pill.JPG

The above lures are recent innovations where I cut off tube skirts and join the bodies to create a hollow tube/pill shape.

Note: The pill has worked great since day one. Early this year I made different shapes by joining grub bodies together or using the body of a grub and rounding off the end:

grub bodies joined  sunnie.jpg
chart pill.jpg
black head bulb crappie.jpg


A light jig allows a slow retrieve with pauses along with slight turns of the reel handle. The whiskers pill should do very well!
 
Last edited:

Similar threads

Senkosam
Replies
4
Views
3K
Senkosam
Senkosam
Senkosam
Replies
0
Views
696
Senkosam
Senkosam
Senkosam
Replies
15
Views
3K
Senkosam
Senkosam
Senkosam
Replies
9
Views
3K
Senkosam
Senkosam
Senkosam
Replies
9
Views
2K
Senkosam
Senkosam
Back
Top Bottom