Where can I fish on this weekend around Camp Morrison?

S
spark
Hi,

I will have a camp-out at Camp Morrison (44750 Camp Morrison Dr Scio, OR 97374) with our Boyscout troop including parents this weekend. Would you give me where I can fish around here?
I saw one lake called "Indian Prairie Lake, Linn, OR". is it fishable? or could you give me advice where I can steelhead/salmon/trout fishing at?

Thank you,

wild winter steelhead in the n. santiam. it's catch and release only no hatchery fish present. lots of brutes around right now, just stay away from actively spawning fish and look out for redds

I have friends that fish that lake. It has lots of pan sized cutties in it.

You may find some early Springers, or even Summers, in the south Santiam.

Trout @ Foster Reservoir, or some of the higher lakes.

I second that on Foster! Real nice place and lots of access. Good trails to hike on and you may even find some oyster mushrooms. You can find them growing on the trees, dense moss.

Thank you for the information. I will try N.Santiam for steelhead fishing. Thanks Brandon. BTW, Thomas Creek is OK for fishing as well?(I just found it from google maps.) What fish is available?

Spark, better check the reg book. I do not think, that Thomas Cr. is open yet.

spark said:
Thank you for the information. I will try N.Santiam for steelhead fishing. Thanks Brandon. BTW, Thomas Creek is OK for fishing as well?(I just found it from google maps.) What fish is available?
All I know on thomas creek is there's cutthroat trout