What new place do you want to fish next year?

S
steelhead_slayer
I am constantly looking for new pieces of water to learn. Assuming a lot of you are like me I thought it would be interesting to see what pieces of water people are looking forward to exploring next year.

3 at the top of my list are:

1. Chetco River
2. Owyhee River
3. Siletz River

Last edited:
yakima river and the north platte river

Just three? I guess that's a realistic number.

1. The Tillamook Bay tribs.
2. South coast lakes (by kayak)
3. Going to visit relatives in Nova Scotia in October and hope I can hook up with a striper guide then.

I like your list. The Siletz is the only one I've been to.

Local?

Off of a jetty for rockfish/ling cod on the fly.
Somewhere for chum salmon (I think they look cool).
Brown lee resevoir for carp.

Chetco for big kings
John Day for Smallies. edit: (Im doing this one for sure next year, 2-3 day float in pontoons)
Also would love to catch a Striper anywhere in Oregon.

Throw in huge Rainbows on the Williamson.

Last edited:
all of them.... I want to fish every one of them..

I was able to get out and float the Nestucca this year and I'd like to spend more time learning that river, since we had so much fun the first go around. I also want to get my boat down on the Coos for winter steelhead. The third is the Umpqua in Roseburg area. This is mostly due to the fact that My brother inlaw is in Medford. Rosburg is close to half way for us and I know we both wish we could meet up halfway for a good day of fishing, instead of one of us making a 3 hour drive.

1) Applegate river (for winters)
2) diamond lake ice fishing
3) upper rogue (way above lost creek lake) for trout

away.

1.B.C. canada for some 20 plus lb steel
2.Alaska any where
3.fly fish Mongolia for them huge trout
here
1.slaw every thing
2.applegate winters
3.mckenzie trout,summers

1- Any Jetty for salmon!
2- Learn to fly fish for salmon anywhere
3- South america for Peacock and Wolf fish TOP WATER ONLY!
4- Alaska- 65 pound King - 200 pound Halibut- 80 pound Ling
5- Canada, Florida, East coast Stripers and so on and on till I fall asleep and dream about it...

All awesome stuff so far. This would be a good thread to meet up with and/or exchange info. with other members.

I'm with Throbbit_Shane on the Williamson. I've only fished it near Collier State Park. After Rose and Dave floated it and post some good pictures, it sure made me want to float it myself. My second choice is the Grande Rhonde.

Next year i'm thinking of fishing in the other side of the Columbia, Washington! Some people says is worth it!

Irishrover said:
I'm with Throbbit_Shane on the Williamson. I've only fished it near Collier State Park. After Rose and Dave floated it and post some good pictures, it sure made me want to float it myself. My second choice is the Grande Rhonde.

those have both definitely been on my list

I've lived in OR for ten years and fished almost wherever I've wanted. Got to say as I am moving away, that there are only two areas that I wished I would have hit.

1. Odell/Wickiup/Crane Prairie lake for trolling some of those big trout. Seems like lots of experience on OFF for getting tips, especially troutski.
2. Chetco bubble or estuary fishing for that ginormous strain of nooks they have.

Maybe have to do some road trips in the future!

Think I'm gonna check out the:
1. OP in Feb/Mar
2. Coastal Rivers
3. Possibly a 2 month trip from AK back to OR

Well, that's what's on the agenda currently!

Irishrover said:

When you go to the Williamson let me know....I would feel safe on my pontoon on that river...I think. :D

Same goes with the Grand Ronde....although I don't think that the pontoon would come with me to that one. I am such a chicken.

1. Yakima
2. Anywhere in Montana
3. Wood.

Last edited:
Trout:
1. Upper Columbia in I forget what town up in Washington. I think Canada is only 60 miles away so pretty North/East. Some of the craziest redside fishing i've seen. ( Videos )
2. Wood/Williamson
3. Owyee
4. New Zealand for 20+Lb Browns on the Dry...

Salmon:
1. Alaska
2. Chetco
Been pretty fortunate here in Oregon and can honestly say the Chetco and Rogue / Umpqua are the only coastal areas I dont have much experience on. But from what I see and here these are some ones to hit!

Steelhead:
1. Salmonberry ( Even though I don't think it's what it use to be )
2. Grande Ronde
3. Rogue

Of course, these are just a few off the top of my head and could go on and on...

Last edited:
waco said:
Next year i'm thinking of fishing in the other side of the Columbia, Washington! Some people says is worth it!

Go plunk below Bonneville...I have 10+ take downs a day near Rainier and that's nothing compared to what it's like at Bonni...But I dont really feel the need to spend an extra 100$ on a Wash. license for a month or two of fishing. haha. My friends do it and they've never stayed past 9-10AM due to limits. So maybe worth it for some who got a little extra flow!

SteelmonKiller20 said:
Go plunk below Bonneville...I have 10+ take downs a day near Rainier and that's nothing compared to what it's like at Bonni...But I dont really feel the need to spend an extra 100$ on a Wash. license for a month or two of fishing. haha. My friends do it and they've never stayed past 9-10AM due to limits. So maybe worth it for some who got a little extra flow!

Let's do it this year