What is this thing?

K
kenr74
0
Stupid question but what is it? Came in an old tackle box handed down to me. I see how it works but does it have a name?
 
  • 2015-07-18 18.22.32.jpg
Looks like part of a spinner bait to me.
 
Booya or similar maybe.
 
It is a spinner harness. Google "beetle spin" to see how they are used. Years back I bought a bunch of them in various sizes and blade colors. They are a great, fairly inexpensive bass and panfish lure. They are my go to in the snaggy Tualatin.
 
Thanks guys. I'll have to try it next time I'm chasing bass.
 
The sight of that brings back some memories. As a teenager I spent every summer floating down the Choctawhatchee River in SE Alabama tossing beetle spins for spotted bass, largemouth, and all kids of panfish. It was such a healthy river that got next to no pressure because most folks didn't want to deal with the gators or the water moccasins but on an average day you could easily catch 30 or more fish by yourself. I had several 50+ fish days.

I'll never forget the day, right at the beginning of a float, I tossed my lure in a nice looking pool and hooked into something big. It fought so hard it straightened out the spinner harness. I'm still heartbroken to this day.
 

Similar threads

C
Replies
8
Views
2K
MartinH523
M
F
Replies
0
Views
356
FisherPete
F
plumbertom
Replies
1
Views
422
troutdude
troutdude
F
Replies
2
Views
514
FisherPete
F
bass
Replies
2
Views
515
bass
bass
Back
Top Bottom