That time of year again

S
salmon_slayer87
Hello everyone. As you know by now, fish are filtering into the rivers. Which means...? That's right...Fishermen/women. Its sad to say but with people we get trash. In our rivers, on our banks. What can we do about it? I have an idea...let's start by removing our own trash. Then let's take an empty trash bag or two, fill them up and depose of them the correct way.
Its not too difficult of task. The fish don't appreciate it...and we shouldn't either.

Thank you everyone,
Dale

excellent post dale. i often take a trash bag with me or fill my backpack with trash to take off the river banks it's easy to do and does not take away any real fishing time,plus it's still time spent on the water and it's also ensuring a clean river or lake for future generations of people and fish to enjoy. :clap:

salmon_slayer, if you p.m me your address I would be happy to mail you a couple boxes of hefty steel sacks to help you out with your mission, wear gloves... that $hits toxic- Brad

For sure man. I just hate seeing garbage in places where I regain peace and sanity.
Dale

I always clean up a couple extra hand fulls of garbage and fishing line when I am at the river. I am a firm believer in karma and I think this gives me good fishing karma. And deffinatly be carefull, there is a couple holes in town that it's not uncommon to see a couple needles at.

DYJ said:
I always clean up a couple extra hand fulls of garbage and fishing line when I am at the river. I am a firm believer in karma and I think this gives me good fishing karma. And deffinatly be carefull, there is a couple holes in town that it's not uncommon to see a couple needles at.

Oh for sure. I have come across some pretty disgusting things in the past.
great job everyone,
Dale