Summer steelhead!

R
rippin fish lips
Still early i know... But Summer Steelhead... The run of steel that i know the best. Should be another slaughter fest year! SO lookin forward to it!

125 Summers over willy falls. 1 of them is destined to come into my area. I will get 1 of them early birds this month. By end of march/april. First one came in April last year. First one i lost last year was in March. READY FOR REVENGE... :)

BRING IT ON!!!!!

Not if I beat you to it. :)

We've already got a friendly pool goin for who catches the first one... last Sunday the weather was so nice and the river looked so good I had to go wet a line from the bank. Unfortunately, the only thing I killed was a couple cold beers....

I hooked my first one last year around March 15th from the bank at Leaburg. If I would have been able to bend over, I would have landed it, as it was on the bank at my feet when it came unbuttoned....

rippin fish lips said:
Still early i know... But Summer Steelhead... The run of steel that i know the best. Should be another slaughter fest year! SO lookin forward to it!

125 Summers over willy falls. 1 of them is destined to come into my area. I will get 1 of them early birds this month. By end of march/april. First one came in April last year. First one i lost last year was in March. READY FOR REVENGE... :)

BRING IT ON!!!!!

Im loving the confidence here...

BUT,.... I will be the first to nail a summer on the Mack. Haven't caught one on this system yet, but did some extensive research and exploring last fall when I first moved to Eugene...and am ready to have one on the bank before this months over

:D:cool::lol:

...and that's the kinda talk that made a few of my buddies throw money down on the first fish.:lol:

It's not a lot but the braggin rights that will come with that fish will last all year...

I went 1/3 April 14th last year, that was the first one. Never hooked one in March, but this is the first March I'm really tryin, because most the time in March the river is blown out.

Good luck guys! I'm a little bit jealous of you guys this year, well a lot. I guess I had the first one from the Willy posted on OFF last year.

Go get us a big striper, and I will get you a summer...I can move a tad bit better this year....as good as its gonna get anyhow....If Dtikey see this, I won't be able to get him to go target native winters anymore.....lol

LOL,

yeah he's the man for the town runs.

I've been trying. Actually had a couple of bites last weekend on the Sac.

Thinking about drifting this weekend for winter steel.

Best,

plumb2fish said:
Go get us a big striper, and I will get you a summer...I can move a tad bit better this year....as good as its gonna get anyhow....If Dtikey see this, I won't be able to get him to go target native winters anymore.....lol

Last edited:
dont worry I will take it easy this year on you all...The earlist I have bank and tagged a summer up mac april 1rst but have lost sevearl in middle to late march. Dont worry Plumb we will just fish mac after workand still fish winters on weekends

dtikey said:
dont worry I will take it easy this year on you all...The earlist I have bank and tagged a summer up mac april 1rst but have lost sevearl in middle to late march. Dont worry Plumb we will just fish mac after workand still fish winters on weekends

Hey man, u don't gotta take it easy. Keep doin work on them summers like usual. I am hoping the river stays at this level, it's perfect. Also i like to think that i have a bunch of competition out there even though i don't. I use it as a way to progress.

Should be a good year! Can't wait to bonk some of these. Got 15 spots left on the tag :P Should prolly C&R some this year, but we will see.

I am Pretty motivated for this years run, last years was good but i got my ass kicked so many times by bigger fish, ima turn it around :P try lol.

rippin fish lips said:

BRING IT ON!!!!!

Oh yeah...I do better on summer's as well and just the thought of you out there keeps me motivated and on my toes to keep up :)

I hope I do better on summers then I have on winters :tongue: :tongue: :D

Yogidabear said:
I hope I do better on summers then I have on winters :tongue: :tongue: :D

you will, summers practicaly climb up the bank and get in your truck on request.. thats why the hardware and spey/swing fishers love em. they are real ego boosters after a brutal winter, thats why God invented them-

Hoping to get my first summer this year. Don't really know where to find them I think I'll be trying the sandy around the I-84 bridge and over at clackamette park

halibuthitman said:
you will, summers practicaly climb up the bank and get in your truck on request.. thats why the hardware and spey/swing fishers love em.

Pretty much. lol. I am looking forward to Spending more time lower on my river, and gettin the lower river dialed in this year for the Summers. Can't wait to see what it brings out.Recently, I Have hooked a few 17"-20" bows and reds while re-learning some "newer" water from last summer.