Small backpacking radio

J
Jakovkz
Does anyone have recommendations for a long lasting backpacking radio to turn on in the evenings?

To pick up commercial radio AM/FM signals; or for Shortwave listening; or 2-way like CB's ham sets?

Down load music on your cell phone if you have one amazon prime is a good app for this but there is a monthly subscription fee

Your cell phone and the Audacy App. They have every possible station out there and much more.

pcstock said:
Your cell phone and the Audacy App. They have every possible station out there and much more.
Does it work when you're out of cell range... like a radio?

Jakovkz said:
Does anyone have recommendations for a long lasting backpacking radio to turn on in the evenings?
This little unit has worked great for me. Battery life lasts for days. Sony ICF-S10MK2. It should be about $15 on Amazon.

Snopro said:
Does it work when you're out of cell range... like a radio?
Nope

Garmin In-Reach for poor to no cellular reception if you need a way to communicate. As for AM/FM I’m no help

Snopro said:
This little unit has worked great for me. Battery life lasts for days. Sony ICF-S10MK2. It should be about $15 on Amazon.

Try $229.94

There is another model the ICF-P27 that is $25

pcstock said:
It wouldn't be useful in some backpacking situations like the op is looking for.
pcstock said:
Try $229.94

There is another model the ICF-P27 that is $25
Sony must have discontinued it. This model took it's place.