Set the drag quick!!

troutdude
troutdude
Set the drag quick!!

Started my Tuesday this morning with a laugh. Thanks TD!

Reactions: pinkygonzales
How funny is that, a buddy of mine accidentally hooked a goose last year. Talk about pealing line! :)

I caught a mallard last year. I was surprised how tame it was even with a hook in it's foot

When i first saw this... the first memory that popped up in my head was... 3 years ago, while fishing in the drifter with my buddy Bill, i hooked an "average" sized stocker trout. I was fighting it, then out of no where i see this shadow on the water... look up and this osprey is swooping for my fish! yeah.. he sure got it alright, that thing wasn't lettin go!! Set the drag so quick, fought the osprey for a good 30 seconds when i figured i could just give it a yank and get my lure and my fish... nope!! i just got my lure, and it landed at my feet flying prolly 30mph at me!! we got video of it to, i even got out of the boat and chasesd it on ground cuz it landed on a "bald" island.

Last edited:
I had a gull pick up my spook last summer but didn't hook him :( Colby has said numerous times he's had osprey grab his swimbaits

tomriker said:
:( Colby has said numerous times he's had osprey grab his swimbaits

Now that would be something! They are always watching my lures is seams like!! It's like a steelhead eating the steelhead smolt you just caught!!

I was fishing OFF the Newport docks once, with some boys. A gull came along, and grab one of the kids bait as it hit the water. It wasn't easy unhooking a peeved gull with a nasty beak!

Yeah those hulls can be pest when your throwing out bait