SalishPond Bassing and Bluegillin

T
Troutier Bassier
My friend went to salish ponds at around 8pm today without his rods (sadly:( ) and he saw this guy catch a bucket full of bluegill and saw some nice bass cruising around. I want to go and take my lil bro tomarrow in the morning for bluegill. But just incase if a see a bass what should I put my efforts to into catching it???? I will be carrying a ultralight and my bass kit with me so i have a few lures and some plastics.... I have everything so dont worry about that. But I have never caught Largemouth Bass so I want to catch one tommarrow. Any help... Please:pray::pray::pray:

spinners, crankbaits, and plastics, try everything, it all depends what kind of mood they're in. i would even try some top water, like a popper if you have one.

Thanks. I'm starting to think about trying jiggin' plastic craws in front of them because they have a lot of crawfish there. Especially in the rock pile.

Troutier Bassier said:
Thanks. I'm starting to think about trying jiggin' plastic craws in front of them because they have a lot of crawfish there. Especially in the rock pile.

oops

Last edited:
Troutier Bassier said:

Throw baits craw /creature /brush hog/ worms just remember its early so they are slow and findin shallow water to warm up little to no retreive bites can be light even w/ big fish oh and put in lots o hours for few fish top water will work once we warm up till then persistance and stealth

Take the craw advice and fish with it! Whether you catch one and use it, or have a plastic craw, or a craw plug...just use it.:)

Thanks. I can't use live craws anymore. Against the NEW law.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So kill it first.

Well we caught 11. 6 Scaulpin, 2 Perch, And 3 Pumpkin seeds. Released em all cause they were puny. only saw 2 SMALL bass minnows and couldent cathc emon bait or lures. good day anyway

plan on heading there again on saturday with 2 buddys. haha. Hope to catch a few Big perch alon the way. Maybe some nice bass too!

could someone tell me where this pond is? Im trying to find some new spots because i keep striking out at hagg

cookshot said:
could someone tell me where this pond is? Im trying to find some new spots because i keep striking out at hagg

In Fairview (north of Gresham) off Glisan and 209th...

Thanks mdguy, i think ill give it a try this weekend.

cookshot said:
Thanks mdguy, i think ill give it a try this weekend.

No problem. Be prepared though: it's a small couple of ponds, and the West Salish - which gets stocked - gets very crowded this time of year!

Back
Top Bottom