Rod choice

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
so what opinions do any of you have on WW Griggs vs the big boys?

the 8' EClaw that i am using says the blank goes through the handle....but it seems to have almost no feel for the bottom/rocks?

IMHO, a Griggs rod is a step above any Eagle Claw rod that I've ever seen.

Although I tried fishing, with a Griggs 9' UL spin rod recently. It didn't cast spoons/spinners worth a damn (VERY difficult to cast where I wanted the lure to hit...and I've got 47 years of spin casting experience under my belt). But, it might be a reasonable float rod for summers.

I use a 6-10lb 10' Grigg rod for float fishing, works great. Have you gone to the warehouse in Canby? Nice guy, hooked me up pretty good.

I thought that company closed?

waco said:

i am not sure the building is still there and they still have a mostly full parking lot during the week.....although i have heard rumors to that effect so i will post next week when i find out.

Modest_Man said:
I use a 6-10lb 10' Grigg rod for float fishing, works great. Have you gone to the warehouse in Canby? Nice guy, hooked me up pretty good.

i am thinking of doing that next week since i have gotten pretty good reviews on a couple of sites and that EC just leaves a ton to be desired in feeling anything under water.

troutdude said:
IMHO, a Griggs rod is a step above any Eagle Claw rod that I've ever seen.

Although I tried fishing, with a Griggs 9' UL spin rod recently. It didn't cast spoons/spinners worth a damn (VERY difficult to cast where I wanted the lure to hit...and I've got 47 years of spin casting experience under my belt). But, it might be a reasonable float rod for summers.

well i am thinking about getting something along the lines of a 6-14 test range and im hoping 1/4-2/3rds lure weight in a 8'6" to 9' medium action.

but the ability to sling metal is my main technique....

waco said:

Could be, I picked mine up a couple years ago!