Rare bumblebee's on the attack at Trillium

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
These are some of the critters that were giving us such a hard time at Trillium. Especially troutmasta, lilsalmon and Ava (JeannaJigs' dog). If they had been nicer to us there would have been more alive to go forth and pollinate...no so much after the guys all went Rambo on them with the zapper. :cool: Of course, we had no idea they were "rare"...we just wanted them well done. :D

How in the world, do biker's on trails, have a "negative impact" on any bee population. The bees live OFF trail, for Pete's sake. Do bikers go OFF trail enough, to cause any real problems for those critters? No. Eco weanies were wrong; about Spotted Owl habitat. They are once again wrong, about this too. Even the Forest Service agrees that the bikers--will have no negative impact on the bees!

BTW, I'm all for protecting rare species--but closing bike trails makes no sense.

P.S. Barb; you can claim self defense in court!

Last edited:
I like bumble bees but there were enough yellowjackets up there to make people endangered.

OnTheFly said:
I like bumble bees but there were enough yellowjackets up there to make people endangered.

yep those were yellow jackets!

Bumble bees are awesome natural pollinators! Yellow Jackets are meat eating predators!

also I just read the article, there is hardly enough information there to even try to make a conclusion

Last edited:
Yellow jackets can go suck on a can of raid. Same with those white faced hornets that were up there. I'm soooo fortunate I didn't get stung, I wasn't carrying an epi pen that weekend. Big oops.