PGE

EOBOY
EOBOY
Get ready the Greenies are coming!!!

Are you prepared?

As Oregon’s climate changes, becoming more extreme, it increases the likelihood of power outages. If an outage happens, we’ll work as quickly as safety allows to get your power restored.

By taking steps now to prepare, you can help minimize the impact of an outage. Below are a few ways to get started, with a lot more information available on our website.
  1. Stay in the know. Update your contact information with us online or on the PGE app so we can keep you updated.
  2. Make a summer outage kit. Your summer outage kit is a little different than what you need for winter, focusing on keeping your family and pets cool, fed and hydrated.
  3. Have a plan. Think about how you’ll care for a family member with a medical condition or your animals, especially if you rely on an electric pump for your water well. If your medical needs require electricity, apply to the Medical Certificate program.

We’re preparing too​

We’re working hard year-round to reduce the risk and impact of wildfires – enhancing vegetation management practices in high-risk areas, replacing and modifying equipment, and planning for emergencies in close partnership with local, state and federal agencies.

Proactive outages to increase safety​

If extreme summer weather hits, we may turn off the power for safety. These outages are called a Public Service Power Shutoff (PSPS) and could last several hours or multiple days. To be better prepared, find out if your home is in a higher risk area.

With a little planning, we can all be ready for whatever Mother Nature throws our way.​

EOBOY said:
Get ready the Greenies are coming!!!

What does PGE covering it's ass from getting sued have to do with anything being green?

Reactions: Casting Call and bass
I think you just answered your own question. Let us know when they turn OFF your electric!

Reactions: Casting Call
EOBOY said:
I think you just answered your own question. Let us know when they turn OFF your electric!
So nothing?

They did shut it off for awhile on Thursday. I have no problem with it if it keeps another Lahina or Detroit Lake from happening.

Reactions: Casting Call, maxwyatt, bass and 1 other person
Dude you need to chill If I;'d known poking fun at the worst electric company in the nation would upset you so much, I may have done it sooner. Jeez I'm just kidding. Lighten up.

• Haha
Reactions: Snopro
EOBOY said:
Dude you need to chill If I;'d known poking fun at the worst electric company in the nation would upset you so much, I may have done it sooner. Jeez I'm just kidding. Lighten up.
to give PGE points, they're not the worse company in the US... that still goes solidly to the folks running the grids in Texas, since ya know, PGE's ineptitude has yet to let a dozen people freeze to death in their homes in the worst winter storm in their respective state's recent history thanks to late stage capitalism's cost cutting mania being allowed to run rampant.

Back
Top Bottom