Oregonians rock

jamisonace
jamisonace
Most Featured
Spent the afternoon with the family at Greenwaters Park in Oakridge for a picnic. I didn't plan on fishing but I was speaking to a guy about how to fish the area and he promptly pulls out a box full of Lures and gives me what I can only imagine were three of his best. he told me when we were done with those lures to take them home and put them in my tackle box.

When he found out all we had was my daughters Barbie pole he offered me fishing poles as well. I declined the poles and asked if I could pay him for the lures but he wouldn't let me.

We fished the lures he gave us for an hour so and we caught a few fish.

If anyone out there knows Willie in Oakridge let him know he made my families day for being such a great guy.

I'm sending good karma his way.

Love reading stories like this! Props to Willie in Oakridge, and glad ya had a great day!

I experience this kind of stuff all the time since I came out here. This truly is a special place. I love Oregon. Ya know, they say good people attract good people. Something to be said about you too, Jamie.

very cool

Nice report......its always nice to hear stories like yours. Glad you had good times.

It is so nice when you come across people like willy and I have come across quite a few I agree nice people attract nice people. The sad part of this thread is that it happens rarely enough that we feel the need to tell everyone about the experience.