Old rapalas worth anything?

G
grizzlynitemare
So, I was gifted this old Rapala last summer. I have looked on multiple occasions to see if it is worth anything substantial, and have come to zero conclusions. So I am turning to all of the collective knowledge of OFF. I'm just wondering if I should be holding onto this or if I can throw it in my tackle box. Any info helps!
a7yja9y2.jpg
vevysaru.jpg
ady9etub.jpg
qy3e7u8e.jpg
va3a4e7y.jpg

Fish with it. They still make that pattern and always will. It works.

I buy a lot of old school lures--every chance I get (which is often). I have some older Rapala's; and I use them (as I do all of my old school tackle...because they work). I'm just not into leaving good lures, in a box. Because I like to fish with them.

But, have you looked for comparable lures on eBay? It may be worth something, in the original box with the paperwork. So, you may want to keep it.

Last edited:
Reactions: eugene1
Most of what I saw on eBay were fat-raps and countdowns. Nothing like what I have.
It is in the original box and has the original paper sheet in it.

If it's only worth 10 bucks or so, I'll probably fish with it, as new rapalas go for around 10 bucks each.

I also doubt its worth your time to try to sell it. I'd troll it with a split shot set about 18" up for trout, bass or walleye, depending where you fish. If you need the cash (and the headache of CL!) list it on CL for $3-5.

Did you find out how old it is? My guess is it was made in the 80's or 90's along with millions of others.

Best,