ODFW Regulations Williamson River Question

D
Dawatm
Regulations state no fishing from a flotation device between Chiloquin and Kirk Rd bridge. There is no definition of a flotation device in the definitions sec on the ODFW website. What constitutes a flotation device?

I see the problem. A flotation device, like a PFD? Or does it read no angling from a floating device?

Many things could qualify.

Float tube
Boat
Log
Kayak
SUP
Amphibious Aircraft
Huck Finn raft
Air mattress
A bunch of witches lashed together
Hollowed out giant gourds
Canoe
Bidarka
Kon Tiki
Inner tube
Flight 1549
Etc.

Snopro said:
I see the problem. A flotation device, like a PFD? Or does it read no angling from a floating device?
yep, what the regs are saying is bank fishing only, which can include feet on the ground wading but no floating of any kind while fishing.

'bunch of witches lashed together' would be a great name for a kayak!

Last edited:
You can use the floatation device all you want, you just have to get out while fishing, either to the bank or wading. See Deschutes River.

pcstock said:
You can use the floatation device all you want, you just have to get out while fishing, either to the bank or wading. See Deschutes River.
I can fish while wearing my floatation device (PFD), but not from a floating device.

Snopro said:
I can fish while wearing my floatation device (PFD), but not from a floating device.
Well of course.

There are ZERO places you can’t have a PFD, save some public pools and resort hot tubs.

pcstock said:
resort hot tubs.
It's a good way to clear out an overcrowded jacuzzi.

Reactions: pcstock
Back
Top Bottom