October Salmon

C
clemrob46
Hi all,

New to the forum and fairly new to salmon fishing. I just got hooked onto fishing daily. Ive caught two cohos and now I’m hooked. The problem is that I started late and it seems as if the run is dying out. Fished dodge, oxbow and Glenn Otto today, nothing. I’m in the Portland area, what other locations should I try my luck at. I want cohos but a chinook will do the trick as well. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

clemrob46 said:
Hi all,

New to the forum and fairly new to salmon fishing. I just got hooked onto fishing daily. Ive caught two cohos and now I’m hooked. The problem is that I started late and it seems as if the run is dying out. Fished dodge, oxbow and Glenn Otto today, nothing. I’m in the Portland area, what other locations should I try my luck at. I want cohos but a chinook will do the trick as well. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
ThAll hens.ere are still a lot of coho coming for the Sandy , they have been held up by low water . I was hoping for more rain than this . At this rate I will still be on the Sandy in Nov. I called the hatchery and they told me only about 500 have returned . Last year about 3000 returned . Need more rain they said. I hope they are right . 4 for me in the last 2 wks. All hens .

cchinook said:
ThAll hens.ere are still a lot of coho coming for the Sandy , they have been held up by low water . I was hoping for more rain than this . At this rate I will still be on the Sandy in Nov. I called the hatchery and they told me only about 500 have returned . Last year about 3000 returned . Need more rain they said. I hope they are right . 4 for me in the last 2 wks. All hens .

Messed that up , but you get the point

Reactions: SparkyofSoCal
Thanks for your reply. A little rain today. Hit oxbow again today thinking the rain would get them riled up, nothing. Used eggs, jigs and spinner and nothing. I only focused on the trailer launch area today and they seem to have no interest on biting, you see them surfacing but no bites. Where on the sandy have you had most success?

Hate to tell you this but all of my coho came from the launch area.

Haha nice, just how it goes sometimes. Good to know I’m at a decent spot