Nucanoe Frontier

bass
bass
Most Featured
I am thinking of getting one of these as a second craft.

Does anyone have one of these or ever have been in one of these? If so, what is your opinion (pluses and minuses)?

I am planning on going for a test paddle in a few weeks, but I was curious about hearing any opinions folks had about these in advance.

Thanks for any info.

I just google it and those look nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that it looks like a pretty cool craft. TimberTodd has a Nucanoe and really likes it a lot. I was just seeing if anyone else had one as well.

Right now, besides my kayak I have a Coleman Crawdad. The Crawdad is awesome for fishing ponds and small lakes, but I could easily swamp it in waves or large boat wakes. The Crawdad was the perfect craft for the the ponds and small lakes that dotted the countryside in PA and NC. I have found very little use for it here in Portland. I could take it to Vernonia and I have taken it too Hagg in the late fall when there are no water skiers, but overall it is kind of a bust for around here.

I want to get some kind of small, non-trailered craft for going out with my son. The Frontier really seems pretty ideal. I could even mount the trolling motor from my Crawdad on it if I wanted to. With the scuppers in the floor it will drain if swamped and is about as wide as the crawdad at its widest point.

The only real disadvantage for the Frontier is that is is going to be fairly slow. My wife wants a canoe, which would paddle a lot easier and faster, but I really want scuppers so I don't have to worry about getting swamped by a boat wake. At first she was all for me getting the Frontier, but now she is putting on the brakes a bit. I may have to wait to test paddle until the whole family is available.

I really want to buy one before June. I have a friend from NC coming out for a visit and I want to take him out kayak sturgeon fishing. I may end up renting one for a day if I can not make the Frontier happen before then.

I also like the Nucanoe Frontier , I am been looking at fishing Kayaks but don't know if I can fish using a kayak as I am all most 68 but in good health with some arthritis.
I would like a boat to put on top of my truck shell while I tow my trailer to different lakes.
Are fishing Kayaks easy to to use ? I used to have a canoe and didn't like it. I thought about renting a fishing Kayak if I can find a place by a lake to try it out.
What do you Kayak pros think. Jay

bass said:
I am thinking of getting one of these as a second craft.

Does anyone have one of these or ever have been in one of these? If so, what is your opinion (pluses and minuses)?

I am planning on going for a test paddle in a few weeks, but I was curious about hearing any opinions folks had about these in advance.

Thanks for any info.

Wow! This is exactly what we've been searching-for. When you do your test paddle, would you please let us know all about it? Great-looking design on these hulls.