New feature - Fishing Notes

Admin
Admin
Members now can post fishing notes. Notes can be edited and deleted.

Record the following after every trip: date, location, time of day, water temperature, tide, distance traveled, and some brief notes including short description of weather, fishing tactics, what worked/didn't, patterns observed, etc. Also record the number of fish from each species caught during the trip.

It takes only 2-3 minutes to fill in this information, so don't hesitate, hit the "Notes" in the navigation and create your first fishing note right now.

Reactions: troutdude and albanak
I added time fields 'from' and 'till'.

screenshot.png

"Catch" fields were added (species & quantity).

Снимок экрана 2024-08-22 в 15.26.00.png

I added 'Waterbody' drop down.

Снимок экрана 2024-08-24 в 21.57.10.png

TerribleFisherman12 said:
Sweet ! Thank you man
It looks like there are too many of them. The list is huge. )

This is pretty cool! Make it an app and sell it!

• Haha
Reactions: Diehard, troutdude and Admin
Admin said:
Members now can post fishing notes. Members can see their notes only. Notes can be edited and deleted.

Record the following after every trip: date, location, time of day, water temperature, tide, distance traveled, and some brief notes including short description of weather, fishing tactics, what worked/didn't, patterns observed, etc. Also record the number of fish from each species caught during the trip.

It takes only 2-3 minutes to fill in this information, so don't hesitate, hit the "Notes" in the navigation and create your first fishing note right now.
Awesome! Just registered. Stoked to dig into the forum.

Reactions: Admin
albanak said:
Awesome! Just registered. Stoked to dig into the forum.
Welcome aboard!

Nice addition fearless leader. The Jed Davis method! Tracking all of his data--is what led to his Oregon classic "Bible" of Spinner Fishing.

1724686416370.jpeg

Reactions: Diehard and Admin
For 'Waterbody' drop down I took a list from ODFW 'Combined Angling Tag location codes'. Obviously it's lacking some lakes and ponds we wish. So if you want me to add names of waterbodies you wish, just give me the names and I will add them.

nothing on east side or lakes or do we just type in water body?

Vintageflyguy said:
nothing on east side or lakes or do we just type in water body?
Give me a name and I will add it to the list.

As we are an online community, I decided that it's a good idea to give members an option to share fishing notes, and while creating a new note to chose it's level of 'visibility'.

So now there are 3 levels of a fishing note privacy:

Private
By default a note is Private and is visible to author only.

Members Only
Logged in members will see such notes.

Public
Even not logged in visitors will see such notes.

P.S. To avoid any misunderstanding Private notes are marked with a lock icon.

Reactions: troutdude
Admin said:
Give me a name and I will add it to the list.
Upper Deschutes, Lava Lk, Wickiup, Crane Prairie, East and Paulina, Prineville, Crooked River, Fall River - thanks will try to fill in some for the members

Reactions: Admin
Added avatars to notes.

Screenshot_2024-09-01-15-32-57-962_com.android.chrome.jpg

Vintageflyguy said:
Upper Deschutes, Lava Lk, Wickiup, Crane Prairie, East and Paulina, Prineville, Crooked River, Fall River - thanks will try to fill in some for the members
Done.
At the end of a list under the 'Other'.

Снимок экрана 2024-09-01 в 18.01.25.png

Reactions: Vintageflyguy
Back
Top Bottom