More old tackle

B
bigboy70
i yet again got draw into the depths of my barn. where inside is a locker filled with tackle boxes and old rods and reels (well it was full hehehe)
it was my wannabe grandpas old stuff. his backyard was the sheiltz river (check spelling) so he was definitely into salmon no doubt there. i found these guys i call them diving fish but idk so heres a pic of some old school stuff i wanted to share with yall.

NCM_0184_zps28e32012.jpg

That's a fine mess of hot shots, wiggle worts, and flat fish. You didn't you happen to find grampas boat too, did you?

Last edited:
grandpas boat sank but my 16ft smokercraft is just fine

oh boy jhop something else for me to take in. what do you use plugs on salmon and steelhead? theres a lot more hardware in the feild then i ever thought but hell i like having options lol. BTW thats quite a collection there jhop

yup you can nail a few steelhead at meldrum plunking those

Yup I run plugs for summers , winters , springers , and tidewater nooks. This pic is just today's order that arrived. It will cover me till this time next year. I run flat fish , k11s through 16 , brads , mag lip 3.5s , hot shots and wiggle warts. I stocked up on owner pro packs sizes 4 through 6-0 . My winter steelies jigs and bobber and a few cleos and blue foxes. Fortunately my prices are roughly 50 to 75 % off retail for bulk orders so it's economical to do it all at once vs 20 trips to bimart