Lost rod and reel

J
JeannaJigs
This morning I lost an 8'6 celilo rod and a shimano curado 201. I don't care about the rod if you find it you can have it (whatever's left of it), but I really want that reel back. It has my name and number engraved on the underside of it, It may just say J. Rattenborg, I really can't say for certain but my phone number is definitely on there. It went into the drink between the horn and konnie landing on lake creek. Saw it get sucked into a hole but later it went downriver.

That's a drag. Hope someone picks it up for you. Look on the bright side, at least it wasn't the Dora rod.

that sucks, was there a fish hooked up? not much consolation but that might at least have made a cool story...I hope you get the reel back! roger

Yikes... How did that happen? Did you forget to hold tight while casting? Did your snag pull back?Did the fish gods wrestle it from your grasp? Where you mugged by nature?

The sad part is no fish was involved. I got my 10'6 float rod back from okuma with a new tip section and wasn't paying attention to how far back that back cast really went and hooked it...rod fell into the chute I was standing on. It happened in slow motion and because I had a float setup I couldn't hook it because I was running shallow :-/ I don't expect to see it again but it would be nice....I was going to send that reel in to get serviced, guess i saved myself $25. Sigh. If anyone has a curado in a 201 or 301 size they'd like to part with for less than a small fortune I'd really like that.

Jeanna...Jeanna...Jeanna...tch...tch...tch.:yikes: Mangled legs, near death experiences, concussions, oh, and gear stolen and gear lost. What are we to do with you? Maybe we should make you the first "Bubble Girl" and keep you in a ginormous hamster ball and never let you out alone...just sayin'. :lol: :lol: Of course, I do hope you get your gear back. :thumb:

I'll look out tomorrow,we are floating further down.

I'll certainly **** my pants if we come across it, but that'd be a great story and a perk to the internet!

I doubt it made it down to konnie, so many pockets of boulders and channels between there. Sigh. Would be epically awesome if someone hooked it though. One advantage is it was fully rigged so someone might get a hook under the line. Maybe. I'm not very hopeful, I've written it off as a loss, but it would be a pretty sweet bonus to get it back. I'm sure the rod got pulverized