Is this our fearless leader?

troutdude
troutdude
Can anyone tell me, if this is OFF's creator Anatoliy on you tube? Anatoliy used to live within 30 minutes of this fishing hole, and this guy has a similar accent.

P.S. Watch the ending...its pretty comical!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvZ-PQyEmpI

Yep he did a post about it a long time ago only in Oregon would it be illegal to carp fish somewhere.

Wow. I don't see any indication, that its illegal for fish for carp right there. Do you suppose that he was just pulling our collective leg; and he really was not cited?

JeannaJigs said:
Yep he did a post about it a long time ago only in Oregon would it be illegal to carp fish somewhere.

Not illegal to carp fish...illegal to fish in general. For any species.

Modest_Man said:
Not illegal to carp fish...illegal to fish in general. For any species.

Huh? Its illegal to fish in the Long Tom, at the spillway in Monroe? There's nothing in the regs to indicate that.

It's within 200 yards of a weir. Angling prohibited.

You have to love YouTube....... I am still chuckling .....

Chuck

JeannaJigs said:
It's within 200 yards of a weir. Angling prohibited.

Correct. Where he was fishing was illegal.

A weir. Wow. Had to look that one up. The only one I'm familiar with is Bob (Jerry Garcia's sidekick). LOL

I've not heard of that reg before. Man, where have I been. I've fished in several places like that, and didn't know about that obscure law. But, thanks for letting me know about it. I'll know better now.

P.S. So why does ODFW stock smack dab below the I-5 spillway on Alton Baker Canal? Hmmm...lookin' to write some tickets???

troutdude said:
A weir. Wow. Had to look that one up. The only one I'm familiar with is Bob (Jerry Garcia's sidekick). LOL

I've not heard of that reg before. Man, where have I been. I've fished in several places like that, and didn't know about that obscure law. But, thanks for letting me know about it. I'll know better now.

P.S. So why does ODFW stock smack dab below the I-5 spillway on Alton Baker Canal? Hmmm...lookin' to write some tickets???

It's on page 10. Rule number 5. Having never been to ABC I can only speculate that it is because of the ease of stocking.

IDK how I have missed that rule.

Again, thanks for pointing it out.