I see in the news

Casting Call
Casting Call
That one SOUL was lost at Hagg. Life jacket, or no? Prayers. Says Tony

damn. how?

AUG 26th, 2014? Just ONE soul last week (Aug 10th, 2024) says Tony

The guy that drowned on 8/26/24 jumped in OFF of the pier (and there are signs stating NOT to jump OFF of that pier). At this time of the year it's particularly dangerous, due to VERY shallow water. It is believe that the jumper hit his head, upon entering the water. He came up once, then dropped back in. Then it was too late.

Totally preventable. I feel for his family.

Last edited:
Reactions: Casting Call and Admin
Well, I guess a life jacket is not a question in this case.

Admin said:
Well, I guess a life jacket is not a question in this case.
I believe that he wasn't wearing one. But even it he was...it wouldn't matter in shallow water.

Back in '79 a close friend of mine dove OFF of the bank, at Foster Reservoir. His head hit a boulder, which was just inches under the surface. The point of that rock, went about 1.5" deep into his skull; and he broke his neck. At age 26 he instantly became a quadriplegic for life. So sad in both of these instances.

• Sad
Reactions: Admin
Casting Call said:
AUG 26th, 2014? Just ONE soul last week (Aug 10th, 2024) says Tony
missed the date...sorry

I feel sorry for the family, but I also can't understand why so many people dive off of piers or docks or even rocks without checking the water depth or possible underwater obstructions by swimming over the dive area to check it out first!?
Unless you are normally reckless and don't care or you have been drinking.
I just don't understand.

This will explain it "Dumb is dumb does" Yota Smart peps and older fokes get to grow old. Says Tony

MartinH523 said:
I feel sorry for the family, but I also can't understand why so many people dive off of piers or docks or even rocks without checking the water depth or possible underwater obstructions by swimming over the dive area to check it out first!?
Unless you are normally reckless and don't care or you have been drinking.
I just don't understand.
While a Boy Scout--and even in swimming lessons if I recall correctly--I was told to always investigate the environment, BEFORE diving in (or even jumping in A.K.A. cannonball style). I failed to do that once, when I was around 19. Just after diving into the South Santiam, and feeling my head hit some silt, I buckled and rolled. I figure that I was about an inch or two, from breaking my neck that day! I NEVER EVER did that again!!!