I found your lures

C_Run
C_Run
Generally, I lose more than I find. Usually it's the generic blue fox or and Aerojig here and there. I did find some different things way up the Siletz this year and last year. I only made it up there twice this year and got embarrassed by some big winter steelhead both times ending up skunked but did find these.

9jzAKhY.jpg

I was scratching my head on this one since I'm sure you are only allowed to fish for trout and steelhead at this location. The only thing I could conclude was that Colby Pearson was headed north on I-5 to some tournament and took a left turn instead of a right.

9aGuZQZ.jpg

A spoon with a big treble. No big deal until you flip it over.

skb6XyV.jpg

Apparently whoever lost this one saw fit to melt a bunch of solder in the back to make it a extra heavy. Was that one yours?

Q0qz9Sg.jpg

Kodiak #5. Never heard of it but I guess it's legit.

I'm still making my own spoons this year.

iWUdfyG.jpg

I've been leaving them all over river bottoms around the coast like a signature so , if you find one, you know I've been by.

I use to have a couple of unisaws

I'd bet money that the Kodiak #5 was made by an OFF forum member with the screen name Kodiak. lol

How are your custom spoons working out? I've always wanted to catch a fish on spoon-spoon.

Yogi- I love my saw but it doesn't get much use any more. It paid for itself with all the remodeling I've done on the house over the years.

alm21 said:
How are your custom spoons working out? I've always wanted to catch a fish on spoon-spoon.

They work fine. I did not get to do very much steelheading this past winter, 2 for 5 overall, but three were hooked on home made spoons. I lost two real brutes on them up the Siletz and that was not the fault of the spoons but rather bad luck and operator error. I bought up about 50 at thrift stores and really scored when tomriker gave me a box of spoon heads left over from his grandma's crafting. She makes cool artwork out of the handles. I was able to give her my handles so everything is getting used. So , I've got a long term supply of materials now. I'd say that they are more like a Steelie than a cleo. They work well in slow water but are hard to get down in fast deep water. There is a lot of variation in the shapes and weights so each one is a bit different. I have been using the teaspoon sized ones with a 2/0 siwash for steelheading but I always manage to get trout on them, too. The box I got from tomriker has a lot of different shapes and sizes I have not tried yet. It's interesting. I've probably lost 15-20 now mostly on the Alsea and Siletz. They are less than $1 to make.

Nice pics C-Run. I used those gold colored rebel jointed minnows when I was growing up. I may still have one hidden in a box somewhere. I caught a ton of bass on that thing.