How often should I be moving spots

K
KadeKimball
I'm struggling to catch a summer steelhead on the Nestucca river, I'm fishing the upper river. I'm wondering how often I should change setup as well as how often I should be moving holes. Is it worth drifting the same run over and over if you see fish in it, or should I be trying to cover as many runs as possible? Thanks

KadeKimball said:
I'm struggling to catch a summer steelhead on the Nestucca river, I'm fishing the upper river. I'm wondering how often I should change setup as well as how often I should be moving holes. Is it worth drifting the same run over and over if you see fish in it, or should I be trying to cover as many runs as possible? Thanks
Yes, yes and yes! says Tony

• Haha
Reactions: Admin
I doubt I could leave a spot if I can see fish in it. )
I would throw at them everything I could, presenting it all the possible ways, instead of trying another spot that could be empty.

Reactions: Casting Call
It has been my experience that the Fish seen is not always the one that is caught. Change depth, Change colors, Change waters. Always start fishing close in and work out. You can always walk back to give another try on the way to your original starting point.

Reactions: Casting Call and Admin
Back
Top Bottom