Handling a few lures at a time?

R
Rickshaw
Hey everyone, thanks again for the warm welcome! I've been looking around at smaller tackle boxes because I don't always need to carry many lures out onto the water with me. Sometimes lugging my master tackle box out is just unnecessary. How do you guys handle taking out a few lures at a time? I'm not finding a small tackle box I've liked yet.

The kids have a soft tackle bag with 3 hard plastic storage containers. It has a zippered pocket in the front and has a buckle snap for holding the containers in. You can carry it on your shoulder and have it out of your way by crossing your chest with the strap and having it behind you. It's about $20 at the local Bi-Mart here. That's pretty much all I can give you there for what you seem to be looking for. Holds just enough space for a trip on the water without having the entire collection of your tackle with you. The kids love it because it's easy.

Another thing is that I have a tackle bag from cabelas that doesn't have any plastic storage containers in it, but it's a tad bigger and cost me about $10 when it was on sale on-line. I use that for my everyday stuff and always seem to have that with me. I also have a buddy that has a fishing vest that has just what he needs for a day trip out fishing and he just refills when he gets home if he runs low on anything. That's another option to consider and there are small plastic storage containers you can buy to fit in the larger pockets of certain fishing vests. I guess it depends on what tackle you're taking if you need the storage containers or not. I like to use them to better protect my hard plastics and hold my hooks for me, as well as the soft plastics.

Thanks colt! What do you think about this type of container? I really don't need to carry many, and keeping this in my vest or pockets would be great.

the lure ones look like they will only hold one shape of lure per case. All I do is use a old hook case, you know the plastic clamshell lid ones that treble hooks come in. Mines about 3inx3in and about 3/4in deep. I can keep 6-8 lures easily in there and it fits right in my pocket. mind you mine are mostly buoyants and panther martins for trout. If you use bigger gear 3-5 lures is probably max

Rick, those look awfully fancy for just a simple fishing container, but I'm sure those will work if you're only using something small like panther martins or wedding rings. Socaaron is pretty spot on with a container to use. If you plan on using something bigger like crankbaits or poppers for a small trip to a bass pond, might have to pick up something a bit bigger. Otherwise, panthers and flies and whatnot for trout will fit nicely I would think. Just make sure to remember to pull those out of your pockets before sitting down. I would hate to hear that you had one in your back pocket and the case opened up when you sat down and had to dig out a treble hook solo from your bum....haha.

What about Plano boxes? I use those and carry them in a vest.

Reactions: colt
ChezJfrey said:

Bingo!! It's what i do, and it couldn't get any better!! It's quick and easier then most things out there. they are only $2-5 too.

Not to mention, i carry about 30 lures on my just about every trip in them.

rippin fish lips said:
Bingo!! It's what i do, and it couldn't get any better!! It's quick and easier then most things out there. they are only $2-5 too.

Not to mention, i carry about 30 lures on my just about every trip in them.

X2,My go to box, they are perfect.

Chuck

ChezJfrey said:

Couldn't remember the name. Thanks for that bud. That's what I was pretty much talking about :)