Great sites for Oregon River levels and more!

bass
bass
Most Featured
This information gets posted periodically, and based upon the number of questions on river levels lately I thought it was about time to repost this information.

Here is a great site to see the current and predicted conditions for the state of Oregon:

http://water.weather.gov/ahps/region.php?state=or

Even better though, if you then click on the "River at a Glance" tab on top of the graph you can make your own page with more information and locations (amount and type varies by river). For the Wilson you can get a probability chart of the river levels and flow conditions. For the Willamette you can get a ton of information.

I use this site all the time to plan ahead. Nothing is perfect of course, but it is usually pretty helpful.

If you want to see present data plus more historical data:

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/or/nwis/current/?type=flow

I am sure that there are other sites as well, but these ones really help me out a ton.

I think river level graphs are useful and I'm thinking of hanging a river level graph for each river. What do you say?

Last edited:
Anatoliy said:
I think river level graphs are useful and I'm thinking of hanging a river level graph for each river. What do you say?

I say go for it!!! That would be very helpful!!!!

-Spydey

YES! Like Nike...

Just do it! <lol>

The point I was trying to make is that the there is more information than just river level available under the "rivers at a glance" tab. For the Wilson it shows the probability of hitting certain levels and flows (rather than just a plot of the mean). For the Willamette there is also flow, turbity, current speed, oxygen level, temp, and several other parameters. I think having easy access to the graphs is good, but it is helpful for folks to be aware of all of the other information that is available.