Goin' 70mph in a Willie boat!

troutdude
troutdude
Well, okay. So, I wasn't really goin' that fast IN a Willie. But, I did see a brand new Willie being towed north out of Eugene today. The trailer and the boat were brand new and all shiny. The boat had a protective wrap over it. The tower's plates were from Alaska. So, I'm wondering if they are guides and came down to pick up a special order?

I think most guides in Alaska live in the lower 48, so I'm thinking it was an OR guide heading up for the season.

eugene1 said:
I think most guides in Alaska live in the lower 48, so I'm thinking it was an OR guide heading up for the season.

Yup, this is most likely the case.

an Oregon guide with Alaska license plates??

capblack said:

:think::think:

I know A LOT of people here locally (previous retiree patients of mine) that live in alaska during the summer and oregon during the winter. It's not uncommon. That's probably the case. A lot of the "Snow birds" are heading back north right now.

capblack said:

I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking tax and residency issues will make people identify gray areas to exploit legal loopholes. It just seems like a long way to come to get a boat. It's 4,600 miles round trip from Anchorage to Central Point, OR. Gas + lodging + expenses to haul a boat back up there ??? Maybe for a fancy sled though.

Who knows, but I know some of the guides up there will pay people to deliver boats.

Troutdude, was it a drift boat or a sled you saw being towed? Got me thinking...

A drifter.