Free camping & parking June 1

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Haven't seen this posted yet, thought I would share. So grab your tent and your gear...and don't forget to report back.

This is an excellent idea!

Barb,

I haven't seen this bit posted before either: The McCall California Act (ORS/1973) was drafted by Oregon's best governor ever to accompany his anti-Californian campaign protocol (you might remember Tom McCall's roadside billboards along I-5 reading "Welcome to Oregon! You came, you saw, now get the **** out!"). The McCall Act granted out-of-state park visitors 20 minutes of camping and parking at no-cost. After that the non-resident rate was $30 per minute. Although Californians that managed to sneak into our State (they were trucked in by the same people that used to smuggle the once banned Coors beer products across our border) later voted to remove the out-of-state fee rate, McCall did manage to sneak in a rider that offers free State Park use to any Oregonian that can prove they shot out the tires of at least 5 CA registered vehicles on I-5 N anywhere North of Shasta.

Reactions: lilsalmon
18406ej said:
Barb,

I haven't seen this bit posted before either: The McCall California Act (ORS/1973) was drafted by Oregon's best governor ever to accompany his anti-Californian campaign protocol (you might remember Tom McCall's roadside billboards along I-5 reading "Welcome to Oregon! You came, you saw, now get the **** out!"). The McCall Act granted out-of-state park visitors 20 minutes of camping and parking at no-cost. After that the non-resident rate was $30 per minute. Although Californians that managed to sneak into our State (they were trucked in by the same people that used to smuggle the once banned Coors beer products across our border) later voted to remove the out-of-state fee rate, McCall did manage to sneak in a rider that offers free State Park use to any Oregonian that can prove they shot out the tires of at least 5 CA registered vehicles on I-5 N anywhere North of Shasta.
Hmmm, are you OFF your meds again, E.J.? :lol:

I've been tempted to make a decal for my car that reads "welcome to oregon, now go home".

18406ej said:
Barb,

We used to take a Camaro across the North Dakota border to Montana, load it up the back seat and trunk with Coors and head back to ND for a weekend party. Sorry, Barb...I just hijacked your thread...just say'n

lilsalmon said:
We used to take a Camaro across the North Dakota border to Montana, load it up the back seat and trunk with Coors and head back to ND for a weekend party. Sorry, Barb...I just hijacked your thread...just say'n
:doh: :naughty: :protest: :tongue: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's funny. I never would have thunk it of you, Rose.

Raincatcher said:
:doh: :naughty: :protest: :tongue: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's funny. I never would have thunk it of you, Rose.

ohhhh there is a lot that people don't know about me...hehehe

did you get moved? I mean moved as in your place of residence...not emotionally... roflmao.gif

Yes, still trying to unpack all the boxes. But I found the coffee pot, c'mon over anytime you're ready!

Raincatcher said:
Yes, still trying to unpack all the boxes. But I found the coffee pot, c'mon over anytime you're ready!

You have a really nice bridge in your area...we should fish sometime

Absofreakinglutely! Mike got my license for me for Mother's Day. I need to get my gear from my sister's place and then it is on! :D