Fishing near Monroe??

B
B.W.SINNER
im just cerious if anybody has ever fished the slough off dawson road near monroe?? if so what is there to catch

The Long Tom?

if it's the long tom then carp and maybe cutthroat trout

no i know plenty about the long tom lol the spot i was askin about is to the west of hwy 99 there is a bridge on dawson that crosses a slough and there is a decent looking pool at the bridge

I live in Alpine near monroe and fish around there all the time. There is a lot of bass in that slough. I have pulled out 5 lb fish out of it.

thanks that the kind of info i was lookin for! ive also had quite a few locals around here tell me there is a hole near monroe and one in the alvadore area that hold channel cats does anybody know anything about that

I drove out to that slough today; as I was coming home from Eugene. It smelled like raw sewage (maybe some farm land run OFF from the flood waters). But, I also saw a couple of fish rise and one jump. Also had the pleasure of watching a pair of Bald Eagles soar over head while there. I've always wondered if there are bass or cats in that slough. Guess there is.

If you line by monroe like i do you would be amazed at all the sloughs and farm ponds. I can drive dawson and ingram island road alone and fish 10 different boddies of water. Most have trout, bass, carp, bluegill, crappie, and catfish.
They all get feed by the long tom/ willamette so there are crazy fish in them. I catch smallmouth out of the longtom, and my buddy caught a 2 lb crappie.

True dat. My dad grew up in the Monroe/Alpine/Philomath areas. The Long Tom spits out copious amount of Smallie's, and 5 lb. bucketmouths, and am ample supply of cats.

I also stopped at the first house across the Long Tom bridge (from the Dawson Rd. / Hwy. 99 intersection). My pops and I fished the Tom behind that house in the 70's, heavily for a bounty of Crappie, Gills and sometimes Cutts. I was hoping to find the owners home, but didn't (to ask again for permission to fish back there).

i just recently moved to harrisburg but i grew up fishin the long tom i just never got the chance to explore the surrounding area at all but with the help of google maps ive been finding some spots so i figured instead of drivin around waisting gas id ask around on the forum and i really appriciate the help cuz livin in a new area and not knowing anybody makes it hard

Fish where the longtom meets the willamete, there is great bass fishing, some trout. And i have even caught sturgeon up to 40 inches in there. There is a pool that is 40 feet deep out by harrisburg that people catch a lot of sturgeon out of. There is a video of it on u-tube. Good luck, welcome to the area.

thanks info i acutally have been fishin for sturgeon near harrisburg and lost a small one a few weeks ago