Faith, restored

T
Tinker
I'm not the brightest bulb on the shelf. Really. Ask The Boss, she'll happily confirm that I can b pretty dim, sometimes (she'll say "All the time" but she's only semi-reliable as a witness...)

I stopped by a river yesterday morning for just a moment or two. There were a couple of young fellows - late teens, very early 20's at the oldest - fishing up the bank when I got there and they left maybe 10 minutes after I'd arrived. I stayed about an hour and got back to the truck to find that I'd left the passenger door wide open.

And I mean WIDE open, not just cracked open a bit.

I had two rods on the seat and a bag of lures and such in plain sight, plus a lot of other miscellaneous valuable and portable stuff in plain sight. It's a pretty remote spot and my stomach rolled when I saw what I'd done this time. I remembered re-opening that door to grab my hat after I had everything rigged and ready to go; that's not my normal, orderly routine - I usually put my hat on first - and I suppose I had an preheimer's moment and forgot to close it.

Hard to get much more DIM, huh?

But nothing had been touched. Not one thing was moved or stolen. Those kids could have helped themselves to hundreds of dollars worth of stuff, but they didn't.

Yea for those kids! It's not all crap all the time on the bank.

I'm not going to test people's discretion again, but I sure got away with one this time.

I would call it a WIN FOR ME, except they could have closed the door...

They must have thought it was a way to obvious bait car! ;) Not really it sounds like good behavior.

:thumb: :thumb: :hi:Two thumbs up and a hat's off to the youngsters!

Irishrover said:
They must have thought it was a way to obvious bait car! ;) Not really it sounds like good behavior.

LOL. Yeah, probably saying to each other, "Dude, it's so obvious this is a sting operation and a dozen officers will come bursting out of the woods if we touch that car. Let's get out of here!"

Don't tempt fate, Tinker...don't leave your 'street sense' in exchange for the hat next time ;)

I got my car broken into last night in Portland and the stole EVERYTHING down to my phone charger. (subs, stereo, knives, tackle, camping stuff ect....) Cops wouldnt even come out to look. "just file a report online"....:pig:

troutmasta said:
I got my car broken into last night in Portland and the stole EVERYTHING down to my phone charger. (subs, stereo, knives, tackle, camping stuff ect....) Cops wouldnt even come out to look. "just file a report online"....:pig:

Damn that sucks! Hope karma kicks them square in the ass.

Throbbit _Shane said:
Damn that sucks! Hope karma kicks them square in the ass.

I hope it's something less ethereal and more substantial that does the kicking!

Tinker said:
I hope it's something less ethereal and more substantial that does the kicking!
Like a 2X4