Emerger?

B
billfisher
Does anyone know what this is? The yellow perch were full of them at Tackinitch like last fall. Thanks!

billfisher said:
Does anyone know what this is? The yellow perch were full of them at Tackinitch like last fall. Thanks!

It looks to me like it is a may fly nymph. I don't know which genus or the name but it appears to be a may fly nymph. It looks to be quite big too.

Nice find there!! :clap:

-Spydey

They were a good inch long. That was my first thought, but i can't seem to find a pic of it online. Thanks Spydey! It looked like a live Batmobile to me, lol

Last edited:
billfisher said:
They were a good inch long. That was my first thought, but i can't seem to find a pic of it online. Thanks Spydey! It looked like a live Batmobile to me, lol

There is a member here on OFF that could tell you everything about the different bugs out there. The guy is crazy smart about bugs!!! hahahaha :lol:

Hopefully he will chime in. :pray:

-Spydey

the angles bad but pretty sure thats a dragonfly nymph..

halibuthitman said:
the angles bad but pretty sure thats a dragonfly nymph..

Thanks HH, I think you nailed it. Found a picture of one thats very close to mine.

Spot on Brad. Just looked it up in the hatch guide. I've never seen one or maybe I have but didn't know wtf it was.:think: Imitations are Henry's Dragon Nymph, Gierach Dragon, and Janssen Dragon all of which I have none of in any of my fly boxes.

Last edited:
Thanks OTF, one of the perch I caught had 15 of them in it and this one was still alive.

That's interesting. Someone should target those with a little 3wt and have a blast!