Do you have a salmon license plate?

Sad to see!

Figures....but I like the way mine look. Not unhappy about putting one on every vehicle I've ever owned since they became available.

C_Run said:
Did anyone see this article in Oregonlive? It looks like the money you spent on those plates is going for salaries and not habitat restoration. Glad I never got one.

http://www.oregonlive.com/environme...n_license_plate_money_mea.html#incart_m-rpt-1

I don't have one but if I did buy one while thinking the proceeds were going to benefit the species I sure wouldn't renew it knowing where the money is going. Just saying. Thing is, they will find a way to fund their salaries via the payments of taxpayers some how.

I've always wanted to get them, but never had the money to spare. However, I'm not sure how the same network news can reconcile this article with the one published about the salmon spawning in Johnson Creek after ODFW stepped up and made it happen. Seems to me like one or the other is fishy. Just my 2 cents.

I always liked seeing the plates on cars. I had the impression the money went directly to habitat projects. I guess not. I noticed a lot of the comments about this stating they would not renew their plates now.

Jus like our fishing and hunting tags go to a "general fund" not to odfw like it should

We have two.

I was happy to hear this all over the local radio news this morning. Maybe something will change. Apparently the crater lake plates are half the cost and all the money actually goes to parks.

The government taking our money and using for themselves....doesn't surprise me