Broken rod -- arghgh

K
Keith
Broke my Loomis ultra-lite trout rod. Called them and now the want $100.00 for the replacement - used to be only $50.00 :mad::mad::mad:

Buzzards!!

Ugly stick here I come..... :lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did it break from a defect if so, I believe that is covered free of charge. Use to be able to take them to fishermans marine supply and they would send them in for $30 or something.

I took a 5 year old Bi-Mart cascade pro in to Lamiglas and they gave me a new one. With all the new stuff that Loomis is coming out with and the prices that they charge. you would think that they would take care of the guys that buy there stuff

Last edited:
g loomis is now owned by american legacy.. an off-shore company, the same one that bought shimano.. Gary Loomis is building rods under his own name, and I believe a company called North Fork composits, not 100% sure if all these names are correct, but at least now someone can correct me and then the facts will be straight... gloomis rods are now a foriegn rod-

halibuthitman said:
g loomis is now owned by american legacy.. an off-shore company, the same one that bought shimano.. Gary Loomis is building rods under his own name, and I believe a company called North Fork composits, not 100% sure if all these names are correct, but at least now someone can correct me and then the facts will be straight... gloomis rods are now a foriegn rod-

Correct - hence the less than steller customer service they now employee...

halibuthitman said:

G Loomis rods are entirely built in Woodland, WA despite being under foreign ownership. The price increase for the expedite program is not a new thing and has been in place for several years. (therefore you should not be alarmed, as if it's a brand new change) FWIW the warranty covers manufacturers defects and 95% of the time those happen within the first few uses. It's a VERY minute portion that are not user error when breakage occurs.

Gary is indeed building rods via North Fork Composite (blanks) and Edge Rods (factory rods).

Warranties for pretty much every manufacturer are very detailed and specifically listed both with the rod at the time of purchase, and on every one of their websites.

Everyone feels jilted when a rod breaks, but that doesn't remove them from the equation of responsibility for the breakage.

I've broken about a dozen rods in my life, and only one has been due to a manufacturer defect. I was responsible for every other rod that broke.

Last edited: