Alsea river fishing

J
joshoward
Hello!
I was hoping someone might be able to recommend a location on the Alsea river near River edge campground this weekend to fish?

Thanks,
Josh

No worries. It's last minute and a long shot.

I got married at River’s Edge almost 7 years ago! There’s some decent trout riffles right there at the campground/park.
Good thing about Alsea is 90% of it you can see from the highway. Drive up and down and look for deep pools and riffles from the road. Not a lot of cutthroat in that river but enough to stay busy

SiletzTroutKiller said:
I got married at River’s Edge almost 7 years ago! There’s some decent trout riffles right there at the campground/park.
Good thing about Alsea is 90% of it you can see from the highway. Drive up and down and look for deep pools and riffles from the road. Not a lot of cutthroat in that river but enough to stay busy
That's awesome! Great spot to get married. Thanks for the info. Packing up my gear now and I will have at it tomorrow and Friday. Cheers

Reactions: SiletzTroutKiller
Alsea really gets going with sea-run cutts in August/September. Right now, I wouldn't mess around much below Tidewater until later in the summer. North Fork has nice access, but get there early or you'll be shoulder to shoulder.

Ohawas said:
Alsea really gets going with sea-run cutts in August/September. Right now, I wouldn't mess around much below Tidewater until later in the summer. North Fork has nice access, but get there early or you'll be shoulder to shoulder.
Thank you for the info. I was skunked but will know for next time.

Back
Top Bottom