50 greatest lures of all time

troutdude
troutdude
I had some time to kill today; so I stopped at a second hand store in Junction City and looked around. I found a small box of lures, and dug up a couple of original Little Cleo spoons (w/ the belly dancer stamped/etched into them). It got me to thinking about a Field & Stream article that I recall reading 6 years ago. Here is that article online, for your viewing enjoyment:

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/fishing/bass/2006/04/50-greatest-lures-all-time?

Pretty cool thanks for sharing man

You're welcome. I have used many of them over the last 45 years, with much success.

For bass, I especially like the Hula Poppers with frog pattern and black tails; and the Lucky 13's...either white n' red or green/black n' red. An all black Hula Popper is also a great topwater lure.

For other species (and for bass), I like the ORIGINAL Daredevil spoon (red & white stripes on the front w/ a COPPER backside); the Little Cleo Spoons, Rooster Tails, and Kastmaster's.

troutdude said:
I had some time to kill today; so I stopped at a second hand store in Junction City and looked around. I found a small box of lures, and dug up a couple of original Little Cleo spoons (w/ the belly dancer stamped/etched into them). It got me to thinking about a Field & Stream article that I recall reading 6 years ago. Here is that article online, for your viewing enjoyment:

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/fishing/bass/2006/04/50-greatest-lures-all-time?

What a score, you hit the mother load.... I have a collection of the same lures, most of them are older than me.... No they are not made of rock:think: . My point is I still use them to catch fish, along with the new ones, not sure which are better... good catch for you!!!
Want to $ell them:rolleyes: .

Chuck

Troutski said:
What a score, you hit the mother load.... I have a collection of the same lures, most of them are older than me.... No they are not made of rock:think: . My point is I still use them to catch fish, along with the new ones, not sure which are better... good catch for you!!!

Chuck

So Chuck you mean to tell me that they had metal products OLDER than you? Guess ya learn something new every day :lol:

Thanks for sharing this. Its interesting to see where things progress throughout time

Troutski said:

Chuck

I have one of those older little cleos and i dont think ill fish it. Collectors item for me LOL :D

Back
Top Bottom