Does anyone have experience/stories of fishing Josephine creek near Cave Junction in southern Oregon?

F
Fish_bot9000
I'm trying to plan out a fishing/gold panning trip and Josephine creek does hold gold and looks like it should hold fish but I can't find any fishing reports for the creek.

Does anyone know what species, size, and quantity of fish to expect from this creek?

I'll try to remember to update this post or post a seperate fishing report if I end up going later this year.

troutdude
troutdude
@Fish_bot9000 I've been active on this site for a long time (14 years I think). But I've only seen maybe one or two posts from that area. So I'm not sure if you'll get any replies. Although I hope you do.

Reactions: Fish_bot9000
F
Fish_bot9000
troutdude said:
@Fish_bot9000 I've been active on this site for a long time (14 years I think). But I've only seen maybe one or two posts from that area. So I'm not sure if you'll get any replies. Although I hope you do.
Thanks for the interest troutdude
I was just looking into the area more in the regulations and it looks like that whole area "Illinois river and it's tributaries above Pomeroy Dam" are closed :(
Must have slipped through my initial peek at the regs since I was just looking for the creek itself.
Damn dam

If it ever opens up I'll fish it and post a report.

Reactions: troutdude